Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2 73-87 Chevy Doors GM made NOS

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by gmcman7202, Dec 19, 2005.

1. gmcman7202

gmcman7202 1/2 ton status

I have 2 new unpainted, unused gm chevy truck doors. They are in the orignal boxes. they were made in 1994. Both Right and Left front doors. Have no hardware. No damage to either door, other than any if any prep. Have been sitting on shelf since 94' i believe these will fit 1973 through 1987. PM me with offer for BOTH doors. Located in N.E.ish Illinois near 290/355 freeway. You can also call me if you really want these and have a good offer. 630.290.5919 Either picked up or YOU pay freight.

well i have had a some inquires with the doors since posting this, but it was more of a hassle than i wanted. i was trying to get people to pm their offers to me, but no one really wanted to do it that way. i am starting the bidding at $250 each, not including shipping, which i will not do, except for taking to the depot. the highest offer wins. i will have pics after 2/4 but i dont see the need caus they are what i say they are. they are BRAND NEW never used NOS GM doors, try to find some this nice cheaper, and let me know.

Thanks Guys.
    Jim Pauly

Last edited: Jan 25, 2006
  2. crash81

crash81 1/2 ton status

what would shipping be to 27574?

3. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

hmmm i am maybe 20 minutes away from you.
    how much are you asking?

4. gmcman7202

lets try this again, sorry for the way i did it before, maybe this will work, i want to do it auction style, but not sure if that will happen, and if you say you want a good deal, please dont caus a good deal is only considered a good deal to the person who outweighs the object more than the cost.

5. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

not to be a jerk, but $250 each seems a bit high, every now and then there are new doors on ebay for much cheaper

6. gmcman7202

i know there are new doors out there for much cheaper, such as certifit. But have you ever tried to make certifit parts fit?? never works right.... you show me where ya can get new GM MADE doors for under 250.... look at how much a door made by GM, for a 90's truck or tahoe, or burb is.... they are like 320 each..... ya i agree i woulndt pay 250 a door for a mudding truck, caus certifit parts will do just fine, but if you are doing a complete restore show truck, i wouldnt want certifit parts, wont look right, well thats just my opinion from my experiences.

7. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Straight from my local dealer, 2, OEM GM burb doors for my neighbors burb $179.95 each

8. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

If you wanna sell them for that amount, you gotta go e-bay and deal with the shipping. One of the advantages of this board (and others like it) is the connections available to it's members for used parts. I've never paid more than $40 for a used (but spotless) door and that was complete with glass and guts.

Craigslist might be a good alternative as well. You need to find the guys that just don't know where to look for parts other than the dealer and salavage yards. This is probably the last place you want to post doors for $250 ea!!

Good Luck,

Eric M.

9. Blazr77400

Blazr77400 1/2 ton status

$250 is steal for Older GM doors. The doors you get now from GM are not much better the the jap doors, other then GM wants more money for them. I have a GM door I bought in 2001 that has been replaced once because of the spot welds breaking. I would replace it again(same place broke) but its already painted and its not worth the hassle to have it happen again. If you are looking at restoring a truck these would be the doors.

10. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

Hmmmm, I doubt GM ever retooled for the 73 to 87 doors. The money they'd save wouldn't cover the cost of retooling. Plus, GM (or other big manufactures) aren't really big on replacement parts other than providing originals at costs high enough to make you want to buy a new car / truck rather than fix your damaged one!

With that said, I think we'll all agree with you that parts from the dealer are rediculously over priced and that's why most of us shop forums like this. I have more used, but extremly clean doors than I know what to do with. Most were sold to me at about $20 each by guys here on Pirate or Nor Cal who just couldn't unload them. I've even been given clean doors by guys that just couldn't find buyers.

e-Bay or Craiglist is the place to sell these. You can't give away a 10 Bolt around here .... I got $500 for mine on Craigslist! Doors aren't much different.

www.craigslist.org

Good luck,

Eric M.

11. gmcman7202

ya guys also have to look at where i am at.... we have a thing called winter with salt.... the door seams are busting more than a fat girl in tight jeans...... that body style is super hard to find nice oem parts.... even the engine blocks get super pitted and rusty.... i know this isnt the optimum site to get what i was asking, but i was posting for the guy who loves chevys alot, and is redoing a show street truck...

and the guy that said that the doors are 180 each, was that trade price, wholesale, or retail? not everyone can get trade prices...

12. bigarmzz

bigarmzz 1/2 ton status

man....if there is someone on this board that can get a brand new, "genuine GM" door for $180...FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, HOOK ME UP:eek1:

13. wazzabie

wazzabie 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Were doors really that cheap 180 fron the dealer? I see these doors selljng nos for about 500 each now days

14. odin

odin 1/2 ton status

GM doesnt make these doors anymore.
    $250 is a steal. My friend bought a set from GM back in the 90s and paid over $500 each.