Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2" Add-A-Leaf Questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 85blaze, Mar 3, 2000.

1. 85blaze

85blaze 1/2 ton status

2\" Add-A-Leaf Questions

Hey, I am working on a total build up on a 85k5. The budget is only allowing a small lift kit right now and I am looking at a 2" add-a-leaf, do i need to get new shocks when I do this? thanks.

2. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    Re: 2\" Add-A-Leaf Questions

I had 2" add-a's in my 88K5. The stock shocks worked fine. The only problem I had was a slight vibration from 35-45mph. You may need to get a shim for the rearend. I'm not sure about that for sure.

Corey
    88K5

[​IMG]<font color=blue>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez

3. Mike86K5

Mike86K5 Registered Member

Let me know how that goes. I'm thinking about add-a-leaf for mine, too. Another option for me is having the springs re-torqued at the local springs shop and a new leaf added in the process. I have 33x12.5s on there now and there seems to be a lot of room as it is now. I wonder if I could go the next tire size up (35s) after a 2 inch lift from the work on the springs...

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

4. Steve88

Steve88 1/2 ton status

Based on a similar question I posted (and the most excellent replies, thanks guys) I'm going to do the "free" rear shackle flip when I'm ready to lift her. Seems like I can get 4" from what everyone is saying, but then I guess I'm looking at buying 6 new shocks...

BTW If you do get the add-a-leafs post the deal you got. Just wondering how far under $100 (from what I've seen at the lowest) you can go.

<font color=red>Steve88</font color=red>[​IMG]
    88K5 Silverado (a.k.a. ThunderDog)

5. Steve88

Steve88 1/2 ton status

Stupid question: How do add-a-leafs go on? I mean with the factory springs in an inverted position where do the add-a's go? Under the entire stack as the new bottom leaf? If so they look too long (from the ads) to fit there.

(I guess I need to see what a factory spring looks like when it's not mounted?)

<font color=red>Steve88</font color=red>[​IMG]
    88K5 Silverado (a.k.a. ThunderDog)

6. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

They make em to go in diff. places. Mine went on the bottom of the pack. They're pretty short.

Kyle
    89K5