Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2 Add a Leafs?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ramses, Nov 10, 2005.

1. ramses

ramses 1/2 ton status

My truck has a 6 inch lift right now with 4 inch blocks and an add a leaf on each side in the rear. Im putting 8 inch front springs on so I need to bring the rear up some too. Im replacing the blocks with a shackle reversal kit so ill still have 6 in the back. What if I put another set of add a leafs in the rear spring pack, theyre exactly the same kind of springs that came with my 6 inch kit. Will they still lift my truck even though I already have add a leafs? If I was thinking about a zero rate spring for another inch. I seem to remember seeing angled zero rates somewhere to correct pinion angle and lift an inch, but I cant find them anymore.

2. redneckdude

redneckdude 1/2 ton status

stacking 2 AALs like that won't give u much more than the half inch or so for the leaf thickness...and will really stiffen up the spring pack. Some guys on here can make zero rates with tapers like what you were asking or im sure you could buy the ORD ones and take them to a machine shop and have it done...shims are also another option that i don't care for much. longer shackles also provide lift when used on shakle flips and don't affect spring rate but will angle the pinion up more.

3. ramses

ramses 1/2 ton status

Well it looks like im gonna order a set of ORD Zero Rates. That would give me 8 inches in the front and 7 in the back. Would that look okay? The rear should still sit a little higher shouldnt it? Maybe ill go ahead and put in the other add leafs too. It rides so rough it couldnt hurt much lol plus I haul with my truck anyway.