Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2" blocks with shackle flip??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jekquistk5, Jan 11, 2005.

1. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I will be doing a shackle flip in a few weeks, and my stock springs are still good, and I also have a set of 3/4ton springs as well. Id like to save a few bucks by just putting 2" blocks rather then springs. All the blocks I see are tapered to correct pinion angle. With the shackle flip allready the pinnion is allready goign to pitched up. My question is will the blocks make the angle to extreeme. Or should I stop beeing such a cheepskate and buy the damn lift springs. Also I will be doing a 3/4 ton swap as well.

thanks guys

2. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

i just did a shackle flip with a 3 inch tapered block on my brothers truck. i used the block like a shim and got the pinon where i wanted it. it drives geat, no vids and that is even with a home maked d-shaft.
    [​IMG]

3. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Why don't you just put the block in so that the taper helps the pinion angle.

4. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Didn't know if it would add more angle or if I could reverse the blocks to compinsate.

5. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Sure you can. Just put the block in the direction that is best for pinion angles

6. chevydan3

chevydan3 1/2 ton status

On my K20, I did a 4 inch shackle flip w/4inch blocks. The blocks (Pro Comp) actually put my pinion at too high of an angle, and it all that angle pushed the rear axle forward 1-2 inches. I don't notice any vibration, but when I get around to it, I am going to flip the blocks around backwards to try and bring the angle back down and get a little wheelbase back. My rear axle is a 14SF, NP208 t-case, regular cab, long bed. In case you want reference dimensions.