Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2"body + 2"suspension lift with 35s

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by arq, Sep 12, 2001.

1. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

2\"body + 2\"suspension lift with 35s

What do you guys think about running 35s with 2" body + 2" suspension?? anyone running 35s with a total of 4" lift??

Burt4x4, how do your tires fit under your rig?? what lift are you running??

I've noticed a pattern on the 2nd gen blazers; 4" lift with 33" tires and 6" lift with 35" tires, but I think the 1st gen blazers have a bit more room under the wheel well. I was running 33" with 2" body lift and get no rubbing.

ARQ.

1-72 4x4 CST Blazer
    2-71 4x4 CST Blazer

2. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Re: 2\"body + 2\"suspension lift with 35s

On my 86 Jimmy i run 4" suspension and 35s. They rub at full articultaion, then clearence themselves out. I just took it real slow and turned the wheel so the tire would tuck the fender in so it wouldnt cut the tire. It took about 10 minutes to do and havent rubbed since.

86 Jimmy 4"lift 35"MTRs Other cars 69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Well when I was running 33" Mud rovers with 4" lift and 3" bodylift (before my fenders were bent in) on the real twisty trails the rear tires would rub on the front of the rear fender well. When this happend the first time the fender got bent in just a bit and then I bent it in more with a 4lb sledge and they didn't hit anymore.
    Now that I have 35" SSRs that same spot did rub and also the rear of the front fender hit the tires when gettin twist a few weeks ago. So out comes the sawzall to reshape my fender wells.
    Hope this helps, I do belive you will rub!

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/baja/5099>www.geocities.com/baja/5099</a>

4. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I have 36's now with a 4" lift. They rubbed bad before trimming (they still rub I need to trim more). It looks like I will have to trim all the way to the strut rod at the front of the rear wheel well.

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>