Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2" body lift and 36's? Yes. with no trimming? Yes.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by joez, Jul 17, 2004.

1. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

2\" body lift and 36\'s? Yes. with no trimming? Yes.

Well, i was going to run my Q-78's on my toyoter, but i have recently sold that due to medical problems. So i had these just sitting in my garage, and decided to try and fit them on. I was running 33" bfg's that only measured 32" on stock 15x8 rallies. I put a body lift on thinking i was just going to wheel the toyota and keep the K5 on the street.

Today seemed like a nice day to try it. I am running them on stock 70's waggy rims, with about 4 1/4" BS. The tread only measures 8 5/8" wide, compared to my BFG's 10 1/8. I run no sway bar, but stock springs with 216K miles on them. stuck the tires on and sure enough, they fit. So i turned the wheel lock to lock, plenty of clearence. Then i flexed the stock springs as much as they would go and turned, and they still cleared. I was actually suprised at how well they fit and look. I will get pics as soon as i can.

It doesnt flex worth a [darn] though, so i will probobally end up with a 2 1/2 spring up front and 2 1/2" shackle flip out back. It feels good to finally be making some progress on the K5. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif