Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2" body lift help needed !!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by riz, Dec 17, 2000.

1. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

2\" body lift help needed !!

<font color=purple> I just ordered a 2" body lift today and I'm worried about the install. I've done 4 body lifts before on my past trucks but never on a blazer. I've broke off a few bolts in the past as well and I'm worried the same will happen when I do my blazer. I would greatly appreciate any tips and advise you guys could give me to help avoid this from happening and any tips in case it does. I want it to go smoothly but it never fails, damn near every time I do an upgrade a simple job turns into a hard one. I don't want to have to mess with a body lift for a week or more since I have little time as it is right now to get things accomplished. I know you guys can help me out. Also, if there is somebody that lives near me that has done one before on a blazer that would be willing to help out, I'd be glad to take them out for dinner for the help. I live in Hudson, Wi. I'm 15 mins. from downtown St Paul, MN. Please include any ideas at all on the whole instalation you could give me. Thanks !</font color=purple>

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

2. JoeAngelicchio

JoeAngelicchio 1/2 ton status

Re: 2\" body lift help needed !!

Depending on the year of the truck, the rear most bolts near the tailgate may need to be cut out. I've had to cut the heads off and underneath, I've had to cut the nuts off. After that I used a punch to drive it out. I also replaced all the bodymounts with polys, which was a good thing since the rear most mounts had to be cut out. Did it all within a day. Good luck.

<font color=green>Joe Angelicchio
    86 Jimmy 4+3, 35-&gt;39.5 tires,4spd
    </font color=green>
    [​IMG]

3. JoeAngelicchio

JoeAngelicchio 1/2 ton status

Re: 2\" body lift help needed !!

Forgot to mention that I had taken the gas tank off since I was doing many mods at the time. It makes it easier when you can sit underneath and have your head in the gas tank area.

<font color=green>Joe Angelicchio
    86 Jimmy 4+3, 35-&gt;39.5 tires,4spd
    </font color=green>
    [​IMG]