Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2" BODY LIFT QUESTION

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CarolinaBogger, Oct 9, 2001.

1. CarolinaBogger

CarolinaBogger Registered Member

2\" BODY LIFT QUESTION

I'm planning on a 2" body lift. For those of yall that have already done this, what adjustments do I need to do in addition the the fan schroud? Do I need to do anything with the transfer case lever or transmission lever linkage? How about any firewall wires/hoses/lines? Thanks yall.
    CB

2. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Re: 2

Mine had a 3" when I got it but now has a 2".Theres a spring in the back that helps ya lift the gate up that you have to remove.You will have to adjust yer t case and shifter linkage .You might have to add a 2" piece of round stock to legnthen the tranny linkage. Your bumpers wont line up either.As far as the fan shroud I guess you could make brackets to lower it or notch the bottom of it to clear the fan.

A balanced diet is a beer in both hands.<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang>community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang</a>