Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2" Body Lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by The85k5, Jul 30, 2001.

1. The85k5

The85k5 1/2 ton status

2\" Body Lift

Whats up everyone.....well i bought Rough Country's 4" full leaf body kit (no blocks) and its awesome! but my 35's still rub a but.....so i decided to drop on a body lift....i know noone likes them but oh well.....but what mods would have to be done to put a 2" possibly a 3" body lift on it? i'm dealing with a 85 K5 by the way.....and that clunk when the tires hit the fender wells gets annoying

2. 4x4blazer

4x4blazer 1/2 ton status

Re: 2\" Body Lift

Just an idea.......but have you thought about doing a little fender trimin' ? I have seen trim jobs that you couldnt even notice until you were told that it had been done.

3. Liberator

Liberator 1/2 ton status

A 4" lift should clear the 35" tires with minor fender trimming unless you have aftermarket rims. If that's the case a bodylift is the remedy! A standard 2" body lift should do the trick. I wasn't able to find a bumper lift bracket. Be careful of the wiring harnesses and connectors on the firewall. Don't stretch them too much. Also the tailgate has two tension rods that you need to disconnect before raising the body. they are connected to the frame and will not let you raise the body while connected. While your under there, you may want to change body mounts. The instructions will have other steps and mods needed to fit the lift. Wouldn't go larger than two inches. Had enough trouble with 2". Consider fender trimming and ORD 1" lift for less hassle!

4. Hayduke

Hayduke 1/2 ton status

my vote goes for the zero rated 1in. "springs" from ORD and some trimming, too much to go south while putting in a body lift on our rigs, easy on heeps though. do a search on body lifts here, i think espen (??) had a good install writeup...
    peace and good luck.
    HAYDUKE

Insured By COLT, Policy #.357M

<a target="_blank" href=http://haydukesk5.coloradok5.com>http://haydukesk5.coloradok5.com</a>

5. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Finaly gettn my reconition[​IMG][​IMG]
    Did a "black diamond" 3" and took some pictures while doing it. Also I show how I fabricated some brackets to lift the bumpers afterwords.

<font color=red><a target="_blank" href=http://www.espen88k5.alloffroad.com>www.espen88k5.alloffroad.com</a></font color=red>

6. Chaz316

Chaz316 1/2 ton status

Are you rubbing under normal driving conditions or are they rubbing at full flex? I have a 73 and I just got my Rough Country Suspension and Im going to run 35s with the 4in lift. I was considering trimming or maybe some heavy duty shackles if anymore(1/2 in. or so) lift would be needed.

If you go through the trouble of a body lift go with the 3in cause you might as well do it while you have it a part.

Have you thought of adding more leaves to the fron leaf packs and maybe a block with the 4in springs in the back?

73 K5, 350, auto w/factory air....How sweet it is.

7. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> Just do th ebody lift, who cares what everybody else thinks of them ........it's your Blazer and you can do it any way you want.

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

8. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Fender trimming is a lot faster, cheaper and easier.

I pay ya to work it not jerk it![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</a>

9. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

Hey whats the deal here...looks like we have another Chaz on CK5 now...sniff sniff...i dont feel so special now.

Donations accepted for the "Build Chaz's 1972 K5 fund"!!!

10. walt88

walt88 1/2 ton status

How about the ORD HD front shackle. And a 1" add-a-leaf in rear.

1988 Chevrolet K5

11. Chaz316

Chaz316 1/2 ton status

Well you know what they say, "Two Chazes(sp?) are better than none."

I have a long way to go on my 73 but it's all been fun so far. Im thinking of 35-12.5 for now and then maybe adding a couple more inches(body) and running fat 35 Mickeys.

Hopefully I won't regret getting the 4in susp. and not going ahead with the 6in kit. Rough Country just had a real good deal.

73 K5, 350, auto w/factory air....How sweet it is.