Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2 chamber Flowmasters

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by '73 K5, Apr 7, 2000.

1. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

OK. I'm going to take everyone's advice and buy some 2 chamber Flows. So many people have said they like 'em I figure I can't go wrong. I've got a simple question before I order them though. In the Jegs catalog, they show about 3 different kinds for each tube size. The inlet and outlet pipes are either offset, or centered or a combination of the two. They don't offer the center/center type for the 2 1/4 size I need, so my question is does it matter which offset kind I get? Centered inlet and offset outlet, or vice versa??? Probably doesn't matter, but I want to be sure.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

2. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

What I did was crawl underneath my K5 and see what would work the best. It was center to center, but you said that isn't offered. If I had to do again, I would run the exhaust out the sides, which may mean center to offset would work best.

3. 1bad2

1bad2 Registered Member

Just because Summit or Jegs doesn't list a particular item in their catalog doesn't mean that they dont have it, call em' and ask.
    Curtis

4. Glenn

Glenn Registered Member

I had 3 chamber Flowmasters on my Blazer and with the roof on they were the loudest things I ever heard in my life! There quieter than 2 chambers. I used to go to bed at night and hear it in my head still. I took them off and went with Borla`s.

5. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

1bad2, you are da man. I called Jegs today and they have the center/center style I want. Its just not in the catalog and it only costs a few bucks more than the other ones. Thanks

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

6. K5Junkie

K5Junkie 1/2 ton status

I recently had dual flowmaster 3 chamber put on. It is pretty loud, but i like it. the 3 chambers are supposed to be more quiet than the 2 chambers, so i can only imagine how loud those are gonna be. I am going to put some rollin bed liner in the cab to try to quiet it down a little. I still wouldn't have anything else besides dual flowmaster.

7. 1bad2

1bad2 Registered Member

I figured they would have it. They only list some things because of lack of room in their little catalogs. Another thing you can do (probably too late now) is to call Summit and Jegs to find the cheepest price then call the more expencive one, because they both beat their competitors prices!
    Curtis

8. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

1bad2, I have to give you props again. I did what you said and ended up saving about $14. I like ordering from Jegs more than Summit so I called them last. It was great. Thanks man.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

9. **b**

**b** 1/2 ton status

I WANTED TO KNOW HOW YOU MADE OUT WITH YOUR 2 CHAMBER FLOWMASTERS??? MY MUFFLER IS ALMOST SHOT / HAVE YOU PERFORMED YOUR INSTALL AS OF YET. AND IF SO HOW DO YOU LIKE IT?? I LIKE THE LOOK AND THE DEEB BELLOW OF THE FLOWMASTERS. BUT I DONT KNOW WHICH MODEL I SHOULD GO WITH.
    I DONT WANT TO HAVE MY EARS RINGING AFTER A LONG TRIP...
    IAM PLANNING ON STAYING WITH A STOCK SET UP SINGLE
    87 350 [​IMG]

thanks
    brendan.

10. dpearson

dpearson Registered Member

Are the three chambers the 70 series, How do you like the borlas, because I need to fix my ultra loud turbos.

11. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Hey **b**. I just got the mufflers in the mail yesterday. The Blazer is in the shop now getting gears, so I plan on doing the mufflers on Monday. I'll let everyone know how they sound Monday night I guess if everything goes OK.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

12. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Just got the 2.25 inch Flowmasters installed today. I've done tons of exhaust work in the past, so I figured I owed it to myself to take it easy and let a shop do it. Anyways it goes manifolds, 2.25 inch pipes, Flowmasters, and then 2 inch tailpipes. AND IT SOUNDS FRIGGIN' WONDERFUL. The guy even tucked the tailpipes up close to the body so they won't hit anything when I go offroad. Everybody was right. Its a good mix in between 3 chamber Flows(which I've had before) and the trashy old glasspacks that I had until today. Flowmasters have such a distinctive cool sound, everyone should slap some on their Blazers. Maybe not the 2 chambered ones, but they make several types. I can imagine that some people would say these are still too loud, but they're just fine for me.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

13. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Seems with catalytic converters, 2 chambers are perfect........had to remove my cats about a year ago for a short while, and WOW, are those 2 chamber Flowmasters loud! LOVED it! Too damn bad had to put the cats back on.........[​IMG]

'79 - 406 w/IROC TPI - K5#5 - a <font color=orange>sickness[​IMG] <font color=blue>you never get enough of!! [​IMG]