Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2 Fabricating questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bad_bo_ti, Feb 19, 2003.

1. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

ok first one. on rear shock cross member like people are making, how many holes should i put in mine and where should i locate them?

second one. on the zero blocks when makin my own. how much do the top corners need radiused? and what is the offset for the holes to offset the axles?

thanks chris

2. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    ok first one. on rear shock cross member like people are making, how many holes should i put in mine and where should i locate them?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can lift up the rear of the vehicle with the shocks disconnected. Then compress them about 1" or so and angle them in until the shock eyes line up to where the ideal mounting place is. This way you know you have full droop and you will most likely have more than enough shock left at bump. Hope that helps ya out some.

3. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

second one. on the zero blocks when makin my own. how much do the top corners need radiused? and what is the offset for the holes to offset the axles?

[/ QUOTE ]

I put a .200" radius on the ones I have made. Seemed to work pretty well The offset is determined by how much you want to move your axle. If you want to move it 1", put a 1" offset in it.

4. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Poster: bad_bo_ti
    Subject: Re: 2 Fabricating questions

[/ QUOTE ]

MOO had a pic of theirs online. Should help you to get started.

on the zero blocks when makin my own. how much do the top corners need radiused? and what is the offset for the holes to offset the axles?

[/ QUOTE ]

-- Mike