Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2 inch lift w/ fender trimming questions...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by stevewix, Jan 2, 2005.

1. stevewix

stevewix Registered Member

hi out there, i've got a K5 with a 2 inch lift, and i run 35x12.50 BFG MT tires, they rub just slightly when articulated.

my question:
    my goal is to fit a 37" tire, and not have to run any more lift. i want to keep the COG as low as possible. is there a way i can lengthen my wheel openings drag-car style? (cut the flared portion of the wheel opening out and section it); or is there a simple way to cut them out that they won't look like hell?

opinions welcome! it's on a 30,000 mile, arrow-straight cucv blazer; so i want it to look well thought out.

2. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

i think its gonna be pretty tuff to get a 37 under 2" of lift. you can trim the fenders back into the firewall. how good its gonna look depends on how good you are at bodywork. i've seen it look fairly decent, but usually they dont follow the stock fender lines.

3. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status