Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2" Lift add a leaf Q?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by foxman, Nov 14, 2001.

1. foxman

foxman 1/2 ton status

2\" Lift add a leaf Q?

Will addind 2" of lift via "add a" lift springs to the front and rear give me an extremely rough ride? Will the springs be too stiff for a comfortable ride on sity streets? Where can I get a good set for all 4 corners? (at a decent price? ) Thanks for all the help guys.

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Re: 2\" Lift add a leaf Q?

I have a 2.5" lift on my 85. I would get new front lift springs don't do an add a leaf in front. I have an add a leaf in the rear, and it is ok but sags a little. I am going to use a 1" zero rate add a leaf from ORD along with the 2" that is already in my pack to level out my truck. My 2.5" lift rides a little rougher then factory, but nothing terrible.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

3. GONZO2

GONZO2 1/2 ton status

Re: 2\" Lift add a leaf Q?

rough country makes a 2" kit with new springs front and rear for $535 this includes new shocks.
    i have the 4" rough country lift and it is not too rough a ride. of course a "rough" ride is all relative too. it has a little more bounce than stock. i would imagine the 2" should ride better.

<font color=blue>85 blazer</font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>88 blazer</font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>99 30th ann. TA</font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>79 TA</font color=blue>