Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2" lift question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tiger9297, Jan 5, 2005.

1. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

Have a '90 K5. want to lift 2". was thinking of 2" in front and 3" blocks in rear to accomodate the rear sag. what is the cheapest way to lift the front 2"? I see some hangers that will lift it 2" but they are close to the price of new front springs. could you just make these? I don't do alot of wheeling so it's mostly for looks. opinions?

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Get the springs.

3. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

2" isn't even going to give you "a look" i'd go at least 4", my buddy did his 4" after i talked him into it, he only wanted like 2-3", then he saw mine after i lifted it 4" was happy with, not too high, not too low, then you can throw some 33's on it with no problems,,looks real nice.

4. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I am running 33x12.5's on it now. I want to lift it but I don't want it too high. I just want sort of a sporty look. Not sure if 4" would be too high. Actually that is why i want to know of the cheapest way i can lift it 2". why i was wondering if i could just make some hangers that would give me 2" of lift and buy blocks for rear. If I want to go 4" then I won't have much money tied up in a 2" lift kit.

5. k5floyd

k5floyd 1/2 ton status

you could get a 4" shackle flip in the rear, and a 3" spring up front. wouldnt be that expensive, and still be done right.

6. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

4" and 35s always look great.

7. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

i dont know how a shackle could raise it 2" in the front. it would have to be 4" longer than stock and that would make your pinion point at the ground.not to mention ruining your caster angle.

do it once and do it right. i personally think 2" is perfect for 33's. 4" is best with 35's. one thing to consider is additional problems w/ added lift.

my blazer w/ around 3.5" lift has driveling vibes that i cant get rid of. i've tried all the tricks,and i still get vibes above 70mph. the only thing i think will cure it is a CV shaft, which costs 400 by itself. when i had 2" lift i was able to cure it with shims.everybody's experiences are different, so it might work out ok, might not.

anything over 2" will also most likely require steering mods, mine did. not to mention longer brakelines and shocks.

if there are any other blazers in your area that you like, ask them about their lift, even better go for a ride or drive it. i noticed a big difference in handling on the freeway with only 3" of lift. good luck.

you could also post a thread asking for pics of trucks with 2-4" of lift. people around here are usually pretty eager to show off their rigs.