Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2" Lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K51988Stck, Jun 18, 2000.

1. K51988Stck

K51988Stck Newbie

2\" Lift

I want to do a 2" lift on my 88 k5. Does anyone know a good vendor or mail order place where i can order a 2" kit. If i do lift it 2 inches, what has to be changed after the lift? Do i need a new driveshaft or anything?

2. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Re: 2\" Lift

After 2 inches of lift i doubt you have to do any modifications. driveshaft should be ok and steering to. You might have to extent the brake lines but i don t think so. If you plan to run larger then stock tires be sure to lower the gears. You might want to reinforce around the steering box.

[​IMG]chevy4x4[​IMG]
    http://4x4.coloradok5.com

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I just put a 2 inch lift in my 83 thursday night. I got it from 4wheel parts wholesalers. They have ads in all the 4x4 magazines. It included 2 springs, the blocks, all the hardware, and four shocks for 357.00. I dont know if you can pick the brand but they sent me explorer precomp. I called on monday afternoon and got it thursday. I'd have waited til this weekend but the excitement of crawling under my truck AGAIN would have been unbearable. I get to change my transfer case out this week. Good luck!

creepin and crawlin
    jim

4. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Oh yeah, the drive shafts will be the same, the steering wont change and the brakelines arent a problem. Be sure and check any hardware you're reusing though. I didnt reuse the teflon spring pads. It didnt say I had to and the last time I didnt use either and it wasnt a problem.

5. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

look at tuff country before you decide. They're at http:// www.offroaddesign.com . Just put a 4" on my truck but can't vouch how it rides yet, it's still under construction. Tuff country or BDS offer the softest aftermarket springs without going custom. But I HATE 4WPH, so I had to put in my 2 cents on the matter. Good luck, however you go..

Bryan

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blazer in progress