Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2 mild lift questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by vortec, Apr 14, 2005.

1. vortec

vortec 1/2 ton status

i don't plan on anything bigger than 33x12.5 tires for a while. cost and mileage are the main factors. so...

i've seen a lot of "shackle flip" posts on here. but, since i want to be able to pull it in the garage and keep good streetability, is there a "shackle delete" option? bolt the spring pack to the bracket and take the shackle out for maybe 2"? driveling angle problems associated?

and, for those who have used add-a-leaf for small lift, are they affective in the front, with the flat or inverted stock springs? did you use short leaf or long? can i realistically expect more lift than ord zero rates, or are they the best option for a very small lift?

thanx

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

you NEED the shackle, as the spring gets compressed or extended it changes length. the shackle allows for the movement. if you take out the shackle, you might as well get rid of all suspention, as there will be no difference.

ORD sells a 2.5" shackle flip kit, it should level out the truck as your rear spring are probably sagging a little.

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I have a small garage , and I still fit with 4 inch lift and 33's . Street manners are awesome with my truck . I drive mine daily :D

4. vortec

vortec 1/2 ton status

thankfully, i don't have a sag problem. sits level with the top on and about 1" high in the rear with it off.

i guess i sort of forgot they made the shorter flip kit. not as much said about it, no surprise.

5. azblazer69

azblazer69 Registered Member

Is trimming an option? Because you may not need to lift it at all... To fit 33's that is...

6. blazerpro79

blazerpro79 1/2 ton status

usually about 1" from an add a leaf, you can put an add aleaf and a zero rate... the add a leaf will raise the spring rate though... but hey, its an easy 2"s