Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2" or 3" Body Lift

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mudbug1979, Jan 27, 2003.

1. Mudbug1979

Mudbug1979 1/2 ton status

2\" or 3\" Body Lift

Any suggestions on running body lifts. I have 4" of suspension and I am running 15/35/15 TSL's with a little rubbing at full turn. I was thinking of running a 2" because i have heard that the 3" will be havoc on the body mounts. Any body else doing this and if so do you have any pics?
    Thanks ahead of time to everyone. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

Re: 2\" or 3\" Body Lift

I put a 2 inch on my suburban and love it. Which ever you decide, you might want to look at changing to poly body mounts if you haven't aready done so. After 30 years of wear an tear, mine were pretty shot.

3. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

Hey i got a 3in body lift and my body mounts are fine ive had the 3in on there for 3 years. Id rather have 3in then 2 b/c fully flexed the rear and front come about 2in from body but thats not moving im sure if your rollin on the trail or mud and start flexin around you would want that extra 1in just to know that you wont be hittin sheet metal /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif www.zombieoffroading.8m.net

4. great scott

great scott 1/2 ton status

5. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Running a 3" with no problems, and Suburbans off-road LOVE to eat body mounts. Height really doesn't make a difference on what it does to the body mounts. If you're gonna do it, just put on the 3". You don't want to do it and wish you had done the 3".