Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2 part baja build up on monster garage

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by surpip, Jun 7, 2006.

1. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

Did any one watch this?
    catching up on my dvr's after vacation, pretty cool build, crazy how much these trucks cost. I diddent expect him to make it through, and he diddent , but it was still a cool thing to watch.
    makes me want to do Baja now:D

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

yeah the trophy truck they built he raced once and sold... Porter racecars is building him a trophy truck right now... im on a pit crew for my boss' class 7 ranger, desert racing is a blast, even if you're only on a pit crew its an addicting way of life.

this little ranger cast about $80k to get to where it is now and we just got done sinking another $23k into it.. when we bought it it was about 90% race ready. its got trophy truck hubs, a 302, c6 tranny, 9" w/ spool, 3 link rear with about 28" of travel, I beam front end with 21" of travel, parker pumper breathing system, gps, pci radios, carries 2 spare 35x12.50 BFG baja TAs, got a new cage around the fuel cell, new air bumps, king triple bypass 2.5" shocks all the way around with king remote res. dual rate 2.5" coilovers on all four corners... and we're tuning the suspension soon out by stateline through some of the nastiest whoops in southern NV. cant wait!
    oh its also got a light bar with 4 more 8" hellas for the roof thats not mounted in this pic.

[​IMG]

3. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

thats so sick
    i love racing, all kinds, just dont have enough money to try any of them yet:)

4. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

yeah neither do i so i ride my boss' coat tails... lol

5. PeteH

PeteH 1/2 ton status

nice truck, and nice garage

6. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

Hell yeah baja is way tight, I wish I had the training and endurance to run a baja. Put me on a big xr650 and Id be blasting through everyone. :grin: I ride a good amount of desert on my bike, although my bikes setup for mx, but its still a blast blitzing the whoops, hitting the sand washes and not knowing whats coming up next.

7. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I caught something on TV one time with him in the dessert with one of those trucks, I must have missed the rest of it.

I would love to see an actual event. The closest I will ever get is internet/TV or maybe a course or indoor event...

8. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

Nothing would be more fun than running Baja on a KTM 950! Too bad I have never even seen the desert...