Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2 Qs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by nyyef, Jul 4, 2000.

1. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

1) how do i disconnect that annoying beep when i am driving over a certain speed?
    2) how do i disconnect the speed limiter?

this is for my 96 company sub, but i also want to know how to do it generally for any car. anyone know how to do this?

Knife.

2. MuleMaster

MuleMaster 1/2 ton status

Uh, oh, yeah, the speeding warner beep. I do remeber a nighttime drive from Dhahran Airport to Al Jubail with a daring driver - the beep didn't even stop at highway intersections. But I'm afraid, that's a specific feature built in for KSA. I have nerver experienced such a thing in another country. I've heard that in some asian state they have lights mounted on the roof which will be activated by certain speeds - man, that's mean!
    But coming back to the point - shouldn't be too hard to find the buzzer and cut the cable, or even better to install a like hidden switch if it comes to some kind of inspection. Just my 0.02.
    CU
    MuleMaster

<font color=blue>K5 Blazer...because size DOES matter
    http://projectmule.coloradok5.com</font color=blue>

3. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I think for the limiter you have to reprogram the computer or something but i'm probably wrong. I have never heard of a buzzer though