Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2 questions...floor and tires

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dirty77, Mar 26, 2006.

1. dirty77

dirty77 Registered Member

Ok first off I need to know if anyone know the gm part# for the cab floor pan section of my 77 Jimmy (from what i can tell there 1 piece up front and one in the back) and second I am getting ready to order my super swamper tsl's (about time!!) and dont know if I should order radials or bias?:confused: Whats the difference? This isnt a daily driver by the way.

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i run bias . no real bother to me. dd and trails. but if not dd then save some big bucks and go bias. we get cold hear at night in the winters below zero and worst time ever for flat spots in the bias tires was truck sat for about 3 weeks. hoped in and fired it up drove maybye 3-4 miles and all good.

plus the bias have more tread depth. first 1/2 tread goes quick. second half is like rock hard for wear. grab a good tire grover and recut them for even more wear and life.

3. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

don't know about the floor.

if it's not a dd get biass tires. they're tougher off road. the rubber is less likely to be punctured then a radial tire in the same circumstances.

plus the bias is available in more sizes and i think is cheaper.

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

You wont find GM sheetmetal, try http://www.goodmarkindustries.com/ chevy duty, lmc, etc..

5. dirty77

dirty77 Registered Member

Come on guys humor me! A dealer where I live tells me if I can get him the part # for the floor that he might be able to find one tucked away somewhere.

6. ryoken

I would suspect the dealer could find a # easier than anyone.. No idea on where your gonna find exploded views on a 77. iirc, correctly, thats the last year of the early cab floors. 78 they changed behind the seat.. If it was a 78 to 91, they probably still have the microfiche for that.. 77, no idea...

And honestly, I'd guess he's just saying that.. These trucks where such rotboxes, NOS got used up real quick... Good luck with that.... :D

7. detailer03

detailer03 1/2 ton status

LMC Truck, or classic industries.

8. ryoken

For a GM#? or just to get replacement sheetmetal?

9. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

Im looking at my LMC catalogue and it lists floor sections. Im sure that's what he meant. ;)

My LMC says you can buy the floor in 3 sections, but lists them as all the same 73-91 but I know the floors are different... so I dunno. Id call them. LMC pretty much sells just about everything for a K5 anymore it seems, no need to search and search for the prized NOS fender or floor pan anymore. :D Or, are you just insisting on GM nos parts?

And the last time I checked you couldn't get a radial above like a 37" tire, and they were pretty expensive compared to their biased counterparts. Maybe that will make your mind up right there.

10. ryoken

well, like I told him, he's never gonna find NOS floor stuff, tho you can still find fenders... and doors iirc.. Definitely a quality difference for sure... Especially the front floor sections..

I haven't found much difference from company to company on the aftermarket stuff.. I've heard Goodmark and Chevy Duty are better than LMC, but afaik, it's all stamped in Taiwan anyway..