Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2 questions for you guys/gals

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dheavychevy38, May 20, 2003.

1. dheavychevy38

dheavychevy38 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have a 89 k5 at idle it has to much fuel cause of all the black smoke ant 1/4 throttle it flutters what do you think it runs good other than that?

I have a 8 inch lift 38's on a 1/2 ton truck any way to get more lift out of the front if i do a shackle flip in the rear ? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

ok, too much fuel at idle? its an 89? its tbi, right? sure all the plugs are working? lol... id check for correct spark.... and 38s on half ton? is it a mall crawler? lol broken anything yet?

3. RClivin

RClivin Registered Member

Question one:
    I dont know, I would say it was the diaphram in your carb but 87 and up are injected. I gotta say you need take it to the mechanic because it is controlled by computers.

Question 2:
    you could go with longer shackles in the front but from what I have heard that makes your ride all screwed up
    I havent personally done it but it looks like a nice way for some extra lift.

4. dheavychevy38

dheavychevy38 1/2 ton status Premium Member

yes it's a tbi i am a mechanic but on concrete/ diesel equipment a and no i haven't broken my other truck except for the trans if i could post pics i would show i use it i have gone through 2 rear ends and 4 trans but the parts have been free so far

5. BPS

BPS Registered Member

check your o2 sensor and look for exhaust/header leaks

6. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

"Ask" the computer what's wrong.

Got a Haynes or Chilton manual? It will tell you how to jumper some wires and read the code.

Good luck. Have fun.