Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2 questions... Help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ftn96, Nov 29, 2000.

1. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

How much (ball park figure) does a 700R4 weight dry? Need to know for shipping purposes.

#2. With open diff and both rears off the ground, in park, if I turn either of the wheels how much play or rotation should I have before the driveshaft starts to turn? I was playing with it last night and it seems to be way sloppy.

Don't you buy no ugly truck!

2. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

700R, no idea. As for the diff's depending on what size tires you have, they will make the play seem like more the bigger the diameter, I would expect about 1/8 turn of the tire before the drive shaft turns. This will take up all of the small end plays built into the axle, spider gears and the ring and pinion. With a detroit it is more like 1/2 revolution

I thought I was wrong once,
    but I was mistaken

3. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

I've got 10 bolts, with the stock 3.42's. And 1/8 of slop is about what I've got. Just seems like it shouldn't be that much.

Don't you buy no ugly truck!