Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2 questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by original balzer, Jan 2, 2005.

1. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

first off what does zero rate add a leaf mean ( i cant get my head around that)
    second does anyone else run without a front sway bar i dont have a sway bar on mine now and it seams stable at highway speeds but ALOT of people seam to press how dangerous it is that i dont run a sway bar

willow

2. muddyblzr

muddyblzr 1/2 ton status

a zero rate add a leaf its more or less a block that bolts directly to your leaf spring. it gives you the lift that an add a leaf would give but does not increase the rate of your spring. more rate=stiffer ride

3. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

AHH ok i have a 4" rancho lift my little bro just bought a 6" pro comp and had rancho add a leaves so im going to swipe the add a leaves to put in my 4" packs and was just wondering what a zero rate was lol so basicaly its like cutting some older thick overload (bottom) springs then correct?

willow

4. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

to answer your second question. No you don't need the swaybar. Lift springs are a bit stiffer, and if it feels ok driving then trash the swaybar. Most people here don't run them at all.:)