Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2 questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Peeetah, Sep 6, 2000.

1. Peeetah

Peeetah Registered Member

First off I was wondering how to take out the chrome trim that is embedded in the windshield and shell window gaskets. I have ordered some new trim and don't want to hurt the gaskets when I rplace them. Question 2 is how to manuely roll down a electronic rear window that does not work. Is this possible???

2. lowlevell

lowlevell 1/2 ton status

The "chrome" strip that you are talking about is actually plastic and WILL shatter/break if you screw with it.Its best to pull it out and replace it with rubber,(which can be bought at an auto glass place).If you are carefull you can take it out by just pulling on it(usually),it wont hurt to gasket that it clicks into.As for putting the rear elec. window down....Good luck,anyway that you do it, it will suck ass.Later

3. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Yeah you can roll down an electric rear window pretty easily (at least in my 90).

Take the panel off the the inside of the tailgate. It's something like 20 screws. Pull that off.

Running out from the bottom of the motor (on the right side) there will be a thick "wire" that runs back around to the sprockets that put the window up. The wire will be screwed into the motor. Unscrew the cap for the wire and pull it out of the motor. You'll see it is just a square piece of wire inside the rubber cover. You can turn that fairly easily with either a pair of vise-grips, pliers, or a drill. Make sure the tailgate is up when you do it.

Let me know if you hit any problems.

4. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

Panther's right. Disonnect the cable (looks like a speedo cable) at the motor side and run it down with a drill. Used a 12v cordless drill on my 79.

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

6. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

there is a tool that looks like a screwdriver on one side and a D on the other side. this tool will help you remove and re-install your new trim, you should be able to pick it up at Napa for $5 or 6.
    Dan

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>