Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2 questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ftn96, Oct 30, 2000.

1. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Just replaced the rotors and pads on the front. Now they are squeking only when I dont have them applied. Help!

#2, 90 jimmy, NP241c. When I pull my rear drive shaft out, is there supposed to be any fluid coming out at all (while sitting level)?

Don't you buy no ugly truck!

2. NH77Jimmy

NH77Jimmy Registered Member

I've had that experience with the brakes. It turned out to be the pads against the caliper. I was able to quiet it by getting some adhesive from a local parts shop (they should know what you're looking for). I applied to the caliper piston and the back of the pad. No more noise.

Shawn

3. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Thats what I was thinking. When I took the old ones off, there looked to be some sort of remnants of something like that. Ok, guys I still need some help with the TC fluid.

4. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

#1 Fairly common, take off brake pads and spray the back of them with some anti brake sqeek (adheasive), buy it at Pep Boys, Checker, etc..

#2 You will most likely get fluid to come out if you pull the shaft because it is a slip yoke - unless you installed a fix yoke kit.

[​IMG]
    5,000 Pounds of American Rolling Steel

5. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Now you see? Thats where the problem is. When I took me driveshaft out to swap u-joints, the beast sat there for over an hour. Not one drop of fluid came out. Maybee TC fluid is low??? Just got this beast a little while ago. Haven't had the time to get into that cavity yet.