Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2 quick ??s, Steering Stabilizer & U Bolts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Fry, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Fry

Fry 1/2 ton status

Are Dana 44 and 10bolt U Bolts the same? They appear so anybody know?
    When buying a steering stabilizer if you buy rancho or something are you just paying for the name, would a monroe be fine?
    I have a dual shock setup on my D44 and am swaping in a 10bolt so I decided that I'm tired of these old leaky bent up shocks hanging down in front so I need to pick up a new one so I don't want the old style bracket so I want to go to the stock single one, I'm only running 33s.
    Thanks

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Where in AB are you? I replaced my stabilizer last year. I can't recall which brand I bought(I think it was Moog) but I got it at the local parts place which is part of the Auto Parts Plus chain. It was the heaviest-duty one they stocked.

3. Fry

Fry 1/2 ton status

I live in Duchess, but work in Brooks (about 1 1/2hrs east of Calgary on the #1).
    With the leaky shocks, which I'm sure have no pressure, my steering feels fine so I think just a regular HD one should work. Do you remember the price? I got qouted $50 which seems kinda high to me.

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I'm pretty sure the heavy-duty sucker that I bought was even more than that. If you want I can check it out on Monday and get back to you with a part #....

5. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

just a question y r u pulling the 44 and putting a 10B in?

Nick /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

6. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Yes, U-bolts are the same size.

I've got a heavy-duty single Moog steering stabilizer on my truck...big yellow thing. It has worked really well for the 3 years it has been on there and still has plenty of shock dampening force! (I took it off for my front axle swap this summer and it was just as hard to extend and compress as day one). I'm pretty sure it was around $65 from the local Parts-hut.

7. Fry

Fry 1/2 ton status

dana 44 and 10 bolt are the same strength or weekness I guess /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm swapping it out because that it what I found in 3/4 ton that matched my 4.10 14bolt.
    Canmore I think I might just go to Calgary and pick up a aftermarket steering stabiler, I seen them listed on the National 4wd site for the kit with the hardware for $50, the $50 one I got quoted on was the girly version.
    Thanks for the help.
    Heavy I will look into the Moog and see if any one can get me one of those in quickly.
    THanks for the help /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif