Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2" Rough Country Suspension *AND THE WINNER IS...*

Discussion in 'Parts & Cash Giveaway' started by NerdBoy, May 3, 2004.

1. NerdBoy

NerdBoy 1/2 ton status

2\" Rough Country Suspension *AND THE WINNER IS...*

The winner is at the bottom...

Alright, folks, here's what I have...
    I just upgraded my suspension lift from a 2" to a 4", and I have my old lift kit here.
    It's a 2" Rough Country, just as the topic says. Springs up front and blocks in the back. It is going to need the usual stuff when buying a used lift: Bushings, U-Bolts, and, probabably the Grade 8 bolts to mount the thing to the frame. There are used shocks with it, that are in pretty good shape, but I suggest that new ones are bought for it, within a reasonable time from installation.

So, where am I going with this, and why is it in the "Giveaways" Forum?
    Well, I want to get rid of this thing, and I'm hoping that some of you members could use it.
    So, I'm giving this thing away.
    Here's what I want from you:
    Tell me why you deserve the lift, and what you would do with the money you saved by not having to buy one.

Rules:
    1) Contest ends May 31, 2004, I will announce the winner by the 10th of June (just in case something unexpected comes up, but I plan to announce the winner on the 1st of June)
    2) I will be the sole judge, here. I will judge on the following criteria: My whim, and your creativity.
    3) The winner will be responsible for shipping costs

The winner is: fordeater
    I must say, his reason was quite noble.
    PM me, to discuss shipping and such...

2. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

Re: 2\" Rough Country Suspension Lift Up For Grabs...

Well, first of all thanks for a chance to win something this awesome. Well I think I would be a choice candidate for this giveaway because 1== I have never won anything in my life except a free sunday in the peel offs at our local sonic. 2== I am currently enrolling in college and will be moving away from home and am having to pay for all expenses other than some books which I had to convince my parents I needed. 3==I would actually put your lift kit to use, I would install your lift and use it to the best of its ability, and I would be ashamed to let such a great product collect dust in my garage. 4==I am in the last week or two of high school prior to my graduation, and we have final exams and also the grade deadline right now, so I could use a little cheering up to keep me from punching someone and getting expelled. 5==Since I will be having to save and scrape every last penny in anticipation for this next fall, I have come to the conclusion that no matter how hard I work, or how many jobs I get, that I wont be able to spend a dime of it on my truck. Well I hope this helps to pursuade your choosing of the winner, because all of this is true, and it sucks. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif
    Thanks again /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif,

Remington

3. k51989

k51989 Registered Member

hey man i think that i deserve to win this because....

first of all i have a 2 year old son and another on the way. and i also have a stingy wife that doesnt like it when i spend money on my truck. i have an 89 jimmy with a bad case of saggy butt, and negative arched springs up front. this thing rides like my sons wagon w/ the big plastic wheels. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

so please please please pick me ill pay for shipping or whatever else u need. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I think I have the perfect truck for this lift. I'm currently running stock springs with 285/75R16 tires that tend to rub a little bit when turning. I'm building my truck on a concept of "I got it once piece at a time and it didnt cost me a dime". Everything I have used to upgrade my truck has either be picked up in a trade or for free. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Its a long, slow road to build a truck this way. It took me 2.5 years to come up with matching 3/4 ton axles, rims and tires. I've driven 90,000 miles in my truck over the last 1.5 years to pickup all the parts. I've meet too many great members to count from this site and others in the process. I've got many, many interesting travel stories to tell as well.

Just like everyone else, I'm always broke and can never afford a lot of cool toys (although I did finally buy my 5th CD a few months back) so I thank you for the opportunity for more free junk /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. justwhatido

justwhatido 1/2 ton status

OK, my wife thinks that this my mid-life crisis. Of course every penny spent on it is grudgingly agreed to. If it's free, thenno fight. No fight means better love life for Daddy. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

6. mrbill

mrbill 1/2 ton status

Well lets see..... Hummmm... you say-in that thos bouncy things up front arn't spose to look like a bad frown? Is that why bumper looks like a plow? Will I get to work 6hr's pounding and beating my steering arm to get it off after I put on a lift? Sounds like a fun way to release a little frustration. Grat's on your upgrade!

7. devilsquid

devilsquid Registered Member

currently running stock suspension on my 88. Would really love to get a little more clearance but right now the wife won't let me spend the money on it. She tells me "the blue beast is big enough". How is that possible?!?!?!?!?
    I think it is a really cool thing you are doing and I appreciate the chance! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

8. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

Stock suspension and 33's (rubbing holes in the fenders /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif) ANyway on to the sob story. Getting married in Oct. so no money for the K5 except to put gas in it for the occasional wheeling trip. Meanwhile my D60 and 14 bolt sit rusting away. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif So a 2" lift will allow me to wheel on my 33s a little better and save my sheet metal some until after I'm married and can save money to put for the K5 buildup /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. fjleiter

fjleiter 1/2 ton status

This is an easy one... How about a 4 year old son, baby girl, wife with a low paying part time job....mortgage...bills... and I'm currently unemployed (since last year.. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif ) still buying parts slowly to rebuild the dying engine and no money for anything else. Not to mention the PO put too small a tire on my blazer, have 33"'s to go on it but can't put them on without a lift kit...

And my neighbor tells me one more time that my truck looks funny with the little tires on it and I'm going to /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif his butt to the hood...

(even the wife makes fun of it...)

10. mogas

mogas 1/2 ton status

I would like to be considered because I would like to put a lift on my 'burb so I can take my family out 'wheelin and we have to pay for orthondics for our daughters (Braces ain't cheap, espicially with twins) so it is not really in the budget.

Thank You,
    Dave

11. fordeater

fordeater 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I think i would be a good candidate, and here is why. I have a 15 year old brother who mom and dad will not buy a car or truck. They say he has to buy his own. Well, 15 year olds can't work where he lives. So, i decided to help him build up a 76 chevy that my grandpa gave me. Its been sitting like 7 years, so I'm giving him my axles, tires rims, and my tranny out of my rig. I think a 2 inch lift would make his rig look really cool. And I don't have much money to give him to invest in his rig. With the money we save, we might be able to afford a few gallons of gas(stupid gas prices). Thanks for the opportunity.

12. NerdBoy

NerdBoy 1/2 ton status

Re: 2\" Rough Country Suspension *AND THE WINNER IS...*

bump

13. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Congrats Fordeater, your really nice to be doing that with your brother/forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

14. fordeater

fordeater 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Hey, thanks alot man. Sorry i didn't get back to you earlier. I've been really busy at work. I really appreciate this man. My little bro will be so freakin excited when i tell him. Anyways, my zip code is 99206, so if you want to get me a price on shipping, and let me know how you would like me to pay(paypal, money order....) i'll get payment out to ya.

Thanks again
    Doug