Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2% Saudi Oil FREE

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by Muley, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Muley

Muley 1/2 ton status

Just filled up with a B2 blend today. I know it isn't much, but it is a start.

The place that sells it has a goal to offer as high of a blend and still have it be competative with regular old diesel. With the tax break that Bush just signed for Bio Diesel, it should be long till he offers B20. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

Paid 2.31 a gal. Prices around here range from 2.27 up to 2.37. So I felt comfortable paying what I did.

Now I am just waiting to the smell of French Fries or Butter Popcorn to come......who else is hungry /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

bio diesel is cool!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif i have been meaning to get around to making some for a while now.

3. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Try a quart of vegetable oil. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

bio diesel is much better you dont have to modify the engine to run it. also bio diesel cleans out your tank lines and all /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

The mods during hot weather are:
    1. open gas cap.
    2. Pour filtered oil in.
    3. Drive.

The 6.2 works perfectly fine in warm weather on a veggie/diesel blend. I wouldnt use it in weather colder than 50 though, unless you do "mods" (which arent even engine mods, its just how you route fuel and heat stuff.).