Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2 Stupid Bodylift Questions...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dhdescender, Jun 30, 2003.

1. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
    Right now I'm running 1 hocky puck+3"steel block for my bodylift. I have none of the original body rubber, it all went to hell a while back.

I want to order a 'real' body lift kit, 2 questions:

Are the poly bodylift mounts supposed to sit on stock rubber mounts, or do they replace them?

If I order a 3" body lift kit, and I have no stock rubber mounts, does that mean I'm only lifting the truck 2" because of the lost 1" tall OEM rubber?

Thanks, I know its dumb, but I need to know for where my bumper will be located.

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Yes, your supposed to run the original body mounts underneath the body lift pucks. They are about 3/4" thick so you will loose some body lift without them and pick up a lot of vibration.

3. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
    Are new mounts easily ordered from GM?

4. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

gm will sell you rubber mounts and charge a mint. I went to a local performance shop and got a full poly mount kit for $79.

5. Anthonviking

Anthonviking Registered Member

Check out LMC truck on www.lmctruck.com and order a free catalog online. They got body to frame mounting hardware ...

6. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

ORD will sell you a body mount kit http://www.offroaddesign.com/catalog/bodymounts.htm. I bought mine and installed it weekend before last with a 1" body lift. Actually, Okiemuddog did most of the work, I was in stiches, literally /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It's not really advisable to run with out the body mounts, the vibration alone will be a mess. You want SOME kind of body mount in there...

7. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

or check for a place that sell's auto body parts. igot mine at one for about $50.00, all of them for a 79 blazer. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif