Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2" susp. lift... Do i need new shocks???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by IL84JIMMY, Apr 20, 2004.

1. IL84JIMMY

IL84JIMMY Registered Member

2\" susp. lift... Do i need new shocks???

I am thinking about adding two inches in the form of leaf springs up front and back. I recently replaced my stock shocks. Will i need to replace them again? Or is two inches a small enough amount that i can get away with keeping them? thanks /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Re: 2\" susp. lift... Do i need new shocks???

With 2" you could probably get by with stocks... but I would go with someing else because your limiting flex, if you just dont wanna spend alot of money on them go to auto zone and get the gabriels(sp) there cheap and I have heard there a good shock

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    go to auto zone and get the gabriels(sp) there cheap and I have heard there a good shock

[/ QUOTE ] +

They are a good shock. I run them in the rear. These are the same as many aftermarket shocks, my front Pro Comp shocks have same type can and markings as my rear Gabriels. I have no problems with the shocks. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I am thinking about adding two inches in the form of leaf springs up front and back. I recently replaced my stock shocks. Will i need to replace them again? Or is two inches a small enough amount that i can get away with keeping them? thanks /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You do not have to change your shocks, but for a $130 you could have 4 new es3000 pro comp shocks.