Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2 things

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fatboy, Jan 7, 2004.

1. fatboy

fatboy 1/2 ton status

thing 1 tired of seaching, what is the link to the dude that has the teck on moding a power steering pump?

thing 2 what would you do to put a running vehical into storage for a year? /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

3. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Drain the gas tank. Disconnect the battery and put it on a trickle charger. Make sure fluids are topped off.

4. fatboy

fatboy 1/2 ton status

that is the one and thanks.

it is for my friend, he was asking about the mystrey oil and the fuel preserver (for lack of better terms) I have also heard of pooring oil into the carb to kill it and have it lubed everywhere so the saying but I havent tried one of em /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

5. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

He is going to need to do a tune up when it comes out of storage any way so I would drian the water and gas and fill the engine all the way up with oil and the trans with fluid just remember to drain before you start it. that will keep the cylinders from rusting I think east wood makes a kit that replaces the spark plugs to keep moister out if you used these you wouldnt need fill it with oil but Ive never herd of any one that used them.