Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2 trannys in 2 weeks...Does it get any worse then this?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 4GUNZ4X4Z, Oct 25, 2000.

1. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Man I just bought a tranny for my brother about 2 weeks ago(heck of a b-day present I must say), well we just put it in sunday.(found more worries to take care of before install) Its very impressive, shifts well and it seems to push the 36's with no struggle. But the bad news is, when leaving his house last nite my 700r4 took its last breath, and limped all the way home. Its gone, no hope left. Tomorrow I'll be ripping it out of "Destruction"(My wifes pet name for my K5) and oh what fun its going to be. That tranny went through 2 owners and 16 years of beatings. I cant beleive it actually lasted that long, but wait is there life after death? I think so, my tranny is going in for a fresh rebuild...yeah baby yeah. I just hope it last another 16years.
    I'm definitly not looking forward to doing the rip-out and install again, the last one was horrible. I expected it to be at least another year before I did this again, not a half week later...geez.
    Pray for my baby she needs to see dirt and rocks soon.

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red>, it's a population control thing.</font color=blue>

2. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

I thought 86 was the first year they made the 700r4. Anyway, good luck!

3. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

I thought it was 82'.

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red>, it's a population control thing.</font color=blue>

4. It was 82,81 was the only year for the tubo 350/np 208 combo.My blazer has a 700r4,which was just rebuilt 6 months ago.Good luck with the tranny.

IF IT AINT BIG IT AINT BAD!!!!!!