Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2 wd truck rims

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cjjones, Jul 27, 2006.

1. cjjones

cjjones 1/2 ton status

Is a 2wd 6 bolt rim from 65-68 chevy trucks the same as a 78 6 bolt 4wd rim.

2. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

yes the lug pattern is the same, but i don't think the center hole is big enough to go over the frt hubs of a 4x4

3. cjjones

cjjones 1/2 ton status

That is what I had heard as well, wanted to make sure with others before I bought them. Thanks

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Diitto--

Yep--the lug pattern is the same,but the centers might be too small to fit over 4wd hubs--also,drum brake wheels will rub the calipers if you use them on disc brake front ends--I ran some OEM 16.5" drum brake style 4x4 6 luggers with 1/4" wheel spacers on my 72 K5 with no troubles...but there IS less threads holding the lugs on when you use wheel spacers..

I saw a K5 in the junkyard the other day,that had 14" 6 lug nissan rims on it,with the centers chopped out!--had 195/60/14's on it!--looked like skate wheels!...guess thats one easy way around those crappy 2.56 gears!..:eek1:

:crazy: