Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2 weeks of vacation did me some good !

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by chopped&bobbed77burb, Aug 9, 2006.

1. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

My Wife and I took 2+ weeks off for vacation to celabrate our 12 year aniversary and my 41st birthday . We spent all of it at our camp site in the middle of the wood's :bow: . No tv , no cell phones :D . just peace and quite . Spent alot of time reading , hiking , fishing , sleeping . That fresh clean air really helped clear my head and + the fact I did not bring any beer or booze :haha: . I needed some time to reflect on my life and make some changes . This morning I spent some time on craigslist listing my suburban $4000 , crewcab $2000 and the mr2 $1500 . We will still keep our 2 toyota 4wd tercel wagon's . I'm going to be putting the pressure on my uncle and my freind Cory to get their rigs out of my yard . I'm really going to focus on getting my shop built so that means no more project rigs and no wrenching on other peoples junk . I sat down and wrote down on some paper ALL of the car's and trucks I've had and even all the motorcycles . These are rig's I've owned and this list started in early 1986 . I've had 48 cars/trucks and 32 motorcycles . That's a sickness :eek1: . I'm not an idle person and I always seem to need something to do . I think I've just kinda burnt out on all the automotive stuff and if I build my shop I can get back into all the wood working stuff I use to do and maybe even some metal working . It's amazing what alot of fresh air will do for you :D .

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Sounds like a very, VERY short list... I know I'm over 500 rigs in my lifetime and I'm only 29. Then again, living in the rust belt was the main reason for the first 250 cars & trucks.

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

1) glad you had good times on your vacation! camping rocks... definitely good for the soul.

2) don't sell the Burb! ;)

3) ... if you do, keep the D60... throw an 8-lug 44 in there or something. Mauler crawler guy won't know the difference anyway. ;)

4) 48 is a lot of dang cars! I'm only 31, but I've owned a total of 4 cars in my life... no bikes, ATVs, seadoos or snowmobiles either. ;)

5) no wonder no one could get ahold of you recently. lol! :grin:

6) happy birthday / anniversary! 12 years is an accomplishment... especially in this day and age!

7) shop? what kinda shop?

j

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

500? holy crap kenny... how much have to paid in bureaucratic BS (titles, tags, plates blah blah)?????!??!!?!?

[/end hijack..]

j

5. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Most of the time I resell them for a profit anyway when I'm done with them... usually only have 1 or 2 licensed and insured on the road at a time. But I am definitly in need of a vacation... been at this job about a year as a contractor with no time off yet. Taking a week off in September to relax and go camping myself. Need to build a shop to though.