Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2 Wheel drive powersteering hoses

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bajaviking, Jan 26, 2007.

1. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

I am doing the croosover and I think I got a steering box from an older model, my Blazer is an 82 and the fittings on the powersteering hoses don't fit. If I get new hoses for a truck from an older truck will they fit in my pump or do I need to change the pump to an older style also?

2. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Are the ends of the hoses flared or do they have a tip with an oring on them. If they are Oring then you need to get flared hoses and change the fitting out on the pump to be a flared fitting. I would go to the junkyard and just pull the fitting from a pump there and replace yours. No need in buying a whole new pump just for a fitting. Oh you would need to get new hoses also.

Ira

3. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

can you get the fitting from the parts store? or do I need to get it from the yard? Im in the same situation and was fixin to go get the new hoses till I red this.

4. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

If your hose wont fit the steering box then you need new hoses anyhow. The problem is there is not a hose that is oring on the pump and flare on the box. You can have them custom made but they are $$$. I have not looked for the fitting in the store but I would have to say they do not carry them.

Ira

5. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Ill check when I go. I didnt know that the pumps had different fittings, I always thought it was just the box that took different fittings. thanks.

6. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Yep when the box went to Oring fittings so did the pump. Not sure if they had hydroboost before 1980 but the fittings on the Hydroboost unit are oring also.

Ira