Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2 wheel drive T-350 tranny cut for 203 T-case

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by incognyto, Dec 14, 2005.

1. incognyto

incognyto Registered Member

From what I have heard you can take a turbo-350 tranny and cut 1.5 inch's off the output shaft so that it will mount up to a 203 t-case, I'm assuming with a 6 inch output shaft, (or maybe that's what it need's and it comes with a 7.5 inch), I've searched all over the net, I've seen it done before but just need to know the right output shaft lenght, Have a wonderfull day, and thanks in advance if you know :bow:

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

no way. The stock 2wd output shaft is a good deal longer then the 4x4 one. I did this swap a few months ago. I can't really picture the 2wd one, but I know it was a good bit longer and contained things like the speedo gear and such. The adapter of the 203 only sticks off the back of the transmission 1" and the input sticks OUT of the 203(basically into that 1"). I think the output on the TH350 sticks out about 1" from the adapter. Try to figure it out based on that(sorry if this is wrong measurements, just going off images in my head)

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

th350 2x4 short shaft is cut to do the spacer and 208 tcase. not the 203/205 stubby shafts.

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I seem to remember some long adapter was out to do that sort of swap. Check wit hAdvanced adapters.

Course by the time you paid for the adapter you could probably get a junk yard 4x4 TH350 "K" (much stronger bell housing the a 2wd) tranny and swap the good 2wd parts and keep the 4x4 shaft.

TH350's a cheap to rebuild and buy. Its really a wast of money and time to mess with a 2wd variant adapted to a 4x4.