Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

20 vehicle pile-up in CT, 4 dead!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by diesel4me, Jul 30, 2005.

1. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

There was a BAD crash in Avon CT yesterday!!..A tractor trailer dump truck lost its brakes,and could not stop--it hit a large tour bus,and the resulting chain reaction crashes involved 20 vehicles in all--the semi and several other cars burst into flames,and many cars were "burnt beyond recognition" according to the TV news reports!...I could not believe the pictures,it looked like a war zone! :eek1: ...another bad crash in Maine too,involving tractor trailers...

I have nothing against truckers,but I HATE following or BEING followed by semi's!..I had a dual rear wheel assembly,complete with the brake drum,come off the rear of a tractor trailer as it was passing me years ago--it caved in the whole side of my 1969 GTO,and nearly killed me! :yikes: ..I stay as far away from them as I can now!...one day I was stopped for speeding while passing a semi--when the trooper asked "whats your hurry" I told him about my accident involving that truck,and gave him the investigating officer's name,and told him to ask HIM why I dont follow semi's around!

He kept me there 45 minites--but when he returned,he said he DID get in touch with the cop who investgated my accident that day!!--and he actually remebered me and my car,and told the trooper "he's lucky to be alive--I dont blame him for not wanting to follow any trucks anymore!"...the cop let me off with a warning,and told me not to speed anymore.... :doah: ....

After seeing the footage on the 11 o clock news,I might just stay home for the rest of the summer!...bad enough gas prices suck--but getting killed is not my idea of sumertime fun... :(

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Similar accident happened here in Wyoming last summer... Foggy day in the mountains, people couldn't see the accident, slid on the ice being formed on the road, and got caught up in one themselves... Something like 20ish vehicles involved, most of them burned down to nothing... Even the pavement melted and had to be re-done... Then there's the fact that it was darn near freezing and 20 miles to the nearest town... Yeah, I think it was 13 people they finally decided were dead... trash all over the road, and I-80 was closed for about 2 days while they cleaned it up :eek1: :eek1: :eek1:

Of course, all this happened just a month or so before we had the warning system running... Ya know, those flashing signs that warn of accidents or bad weather ahead... They were darn near finished installing the system :doah:

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

the was a bad one on the 401 up here, the most traveled and busyest hyw in canada.

there is one section nicknamed 'death ally' and it was supper foggy, and the pile up was on BOTH sides of the highway many many cars and big rigs, prob over 50. fire started to brake out and some people were burned alive as the other drivers just couldend get to them in time. and they were traped in there cars:eek1:

but many people were heros that day and risked there butts to save others:bow: