Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2000 Blazer wet carpet

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 90bigboy, Jan 11, 2006.

1. 90bigboy

90bigboy Newbie

My wife has a 2000 Blazer that sits outside all the time. When cleaning the
    interior about a month ago, I noticed the driver side carpet was wet near the transmission tunnel where your right foot would rest while driving. I lifted the carpet and the insulation was soaked. I have dried it many times, trying to locate the source. I believe the water is coming in from above, since I notice it getting worse when it rains. Is this caused by a blockage somewhere in the cowl area? Are there any other places water could be getting through the firewall?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, as this site has helped me with so many problems on my K5 and given me great ideas. :wink1:

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

how about the windshield's gasket? The one in my Ranger has been leaking a lot... the one in my K5 leaks too, but with a herculined/stripped interior I really don't care. lol! ;)

j

3. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Could also be the heater core leaking.

4. 90bigboy

90bigboy Newbie

Thank you gentlemen. I will check both the windshield gasket and the heater core this weekend. I just want to stop this before the floor boards begin rotting out. :bow:

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

window is glue in. gm has a bad problem with the 88-up bodys . thay dont glue well on the pass side. my crew cab 96 is the same way. best smell the fluid and is coolent then heater core leak. if clear and just h20 i bet window is not glued good in the top section. if so call good glass man and have them do it for ya. the winshield is part of the safty system on the air bag vehicles. if the window is not installed correctly the bag wont stay in the area it is supost to and not work correctly. good luck.