Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2000 Chevy Springs?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by sarazk5, Sep 30, 2001.

1. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

Can these be used on a blazer? I may sound dumb, but I have no clue. I know stock blazer springs are 52" New ones are 61"... But can they be used to ad a lift? What would happen if you use them, or do they just plain not fit?

2. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    If they are longer they will not fit unless you move perches around. If you did this you would have around the same height distance as the PU did (no lift) I have no 2000 springs to measure but I bet they are a different width than the K5 springs. If you were able to cram a longer spring into what you have the ride would be terrible. Sounds like alot of work unless you have the springs and perches for a very good price

"There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness"
    Luke
    84 K5

3. Donovan

Donovan 1/2 ton status

Twiztid put 63" chevy springs in the rear of his blazer and it flexes great and the ride will be better than the stock setup. Yes you will have to move the spring perch forward and the rear sring hanger back. I will be doing these springs also.

Donovan
    Nitro Fumes makes me Horrrrny

4. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I've done the conversion to 63" rear springs. It flex-out pretty good and should ride smooth too. I did have to move the front and rear hangers to fit the spring in there. On '73-'80 Blazers/Jimmys it's a pretty streight forward swap, there's not a hole lot of tricks, and I was able to use some factory rivet holes to locate the hangers- so I know it's square. The lift is about the same as stock 52 inchers, it depends on where the hangers are. I ended up getting 3" lifted 63 spring to get the ride height I wanted out of it.

Twiztid

5. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

Cool thanks. Not sure if i will be doing it... was just curious if it could be done. My b/f's friend has a set of 2000 springs he wants to sell for like 60 bucks.