Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2000 gmc jimmy dtr lights acting up HELP!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bad_bo_ti, Jan 26, 2004.

1. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

my girlfriend has a 2000 gmc jimmy and she was following me the other day in it and when she turned on her turn signal (either side) the day time running lights went out?!?!? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif and after she turned they came back on!!! is it suppose to do this? if not what the HE!! is wrong with it!! i have not checked any fuses yet but all the lights and accessories seem to be working. thanks, chris

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

daytime running lamps are generally the highbeams with less current applied to the circuit.. check out to see if when you turn the headlamps on, try the highbeams, i bet they dont work, and if they dont, you'll need a multifunction switch..

3. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

thank you for the reply, is that the name of the switch, multifunction, will the stealership i mean dealership know what i am talking about!!! are these things pricy???

4. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

yes thats the name of it, its what controls the blinkers, wipers, high beams, flash to pass, and cruise control on these things.. possibly the flashers as well..
    it will probably be a little pricey, say oh around 180$??

5. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

oh joy my girlfriend is going to love the sound of $180!!! thanks, i will have investigate it the next time i get a chance.