Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2000 GMC oil (synthetic ?)

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by CBLAZER81, Jan 18, 2002.

1. CBLAZER81

CBLAZER81 1/2 ton status

Just got a 2000 GMC w/ 5.3. I'm assuming it came from the factory with synthetic oil but not sure.Anybody have an idea?

Chuck
    81 Blazer
    <font color=red>WHY CAN'T EVERYBODY DRIVE LIKE ME?THE WORLD WOULD BE A MUCH BETTER PLACE!!!!!!!!!!</font color=red>

2. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

if you got an owners manual- it will tell you what the recommended liquids are- I don't know if 2000 regular trucks came with it- our 99 z71 did NOT, however our 2001 2500hd D/A did- if you don't have an owners manual- a service guy who actually knows what syntetic is would be able to tell you. DONT ask the service manager, they don't usually know MUCH of anything, ask the guy who would be working on it.

--Brandy

LOVING the new Duramax!!!

3. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I have only used synthetic in my 00' 5.3l since new. I don't think they "come" from the factory with synthetic, for break-in purpouses. I use mobil-1 10w-30 and change it every 3000mi. or 3mo. Usually 3000mi (I wait) I've not herd a peep from the motor in 22,000mi. and have used the oil in it since 500mi. I also bought the extended war. from GM and in the past have herd of stories about declined claims for not using synthetic. I do not know how true they are but... I use my truck hard and figured it couldn't hurt to go full synthitc.

4. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Vetts and Porsches come with Mobil 1 oil as OEM in all gear cases and as the motor oil.