Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2000 jimmy Question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bad_bo_ti, Jul 19, 2003.

1. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

my girlfriend has a 2000 gmc jimmy s-15 4x4. we recently got the muffler back replaced under warranty for a loose baffel (sp?) well it is doing it again already and was wondering if someone could tell me or has heard what a vortec v6 motor with stock exhaust and a flowmaster would sound like before i go to all the work of putting it on. thanks, chris

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

i heard one with duals and flowmasters and it sounded pretty crappy but i think single exhaust is the way to go on a stock 4.3....let them put another muffler on it first..then do your flowmaster and keep the good one for in case..btw thats a big muffler stock..and the stock pipe might not reach all the way back with a flowmaster...

3. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

well the muffler that is on it is only like 2months old and it is already starting to rattle, i know i am gonna have to add pipe to it, no big deal. i just want to make sure it aint gonna sound like crapp after all my trouble.