Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2000 K1500 6" lift , whats the best brand/package?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Jonny-K5, Oct 17, 2004.

1. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

2000 K1500 6\" lift , whats the best brand/package?

my buddy has this truck. he wants to lift it and fit 35"s w/ no trimming. what company is best? we've been looking at pro comps lift and fab tech. also i noticed pro comp has a standard 6" lift or a 5" lift "knuckle system". what do you think of this knuckle thing? im not sure if it affects the geometry of the front end at all.

also, what do you think it would cost to install one. ballpark figure. thanks

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Re: 2000 K1500 6\" lift , whats the best brand/package?

I sell the RCD kits made by Race Car Dynamics. They come with Bilstein 5100 shocks specifically valved by application and I'm told the kit maintains geometry better than any other kit on the market. RCD sells kits to new car dealers, also, and installs them to sell the trucks factory new with a lift. Check out their website at www.racecardynamics.com This is a product line I'm very proud to carry....I wish they made something for the old trucks. The quality is top notch and the Bilstein shocks round out the package very nicely. The price is also very compeditive to the other kits on the market.

That said and it being a 2000 1/2 ton I'm assuming you meant Silverado 1500. They are no longer called C/K trucks, that refers to the old body style. If it still is the old body style, RCD makes a kit that is very similar for that truck as well. Check 'em out, it's definitely worth a look. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

EDIT:

I noticed you mentioned Pro Comp and Fabtech. I sell both of these also but from what I'm told, the Pro Comp is trash, and the Fabtech is an attempted copy of the RCD kit.

3. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

4. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Yep stay away from the the Pro Crap lifts

5. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

thanks for the other options. i was looking at the 4wheelparts website and i noticed this:

http://4wheelparts.com/4wp/products/productLine.asp?cat=SUS&prodline=1643&catName=Suspension&man=RAN&parentProdline=SusChevyRAN&expand=sub1&showTab=additional#

this is the only 4" lift i've seen for this truck. he would like something smaller than a 6" lift, but we thought they didnt exist.
    what do you fellas think of this? what about CV angles?

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

From what I understand the Rancho is the way to go for 4".

I carry it, too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif