Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

$2000 order screwed up (NV4500)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Steve_87K5, Jul 13, 2000.

1. Steve_87K5

Steve_87K5 1/2 ton status

I bought a 4500 5-speed & kit from a company. The total order was about $2000. My experience was: credit card was charged long before order was ready to ship. Trans was received water damaged, and both merchant and trucker claim innocence. The kit consisted of no-name seals and a poor knock-off of the Advanced adaptor design (4500-to-205). Also, they drilled 4 new holes into the new tranny to take the Chevy bellhousing (which was part of my order). It's bolted from inside of bellhousing using 4 skt head bolts. If
    I install this thing, I don't think I can pull the tranny w/o moving engine. Am I wrong? I am not a happy camper. Project on hold. See photo attached.
    Email me direct for the complete story.

SteveB

2. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Steve,
    Man that sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. That trans looks F'd up man. I would return that thing. I think there has to be some type of money back guarantee or something for an order that expensive. You should look into that. But good luck brother. Hope everything turns out for the best.
    Boss

3. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

I dont know who made the bellhousing but its not a chevy one made for the 4500! If you got this a on a credit card call the card company and go though them to get your money back and send the trany back to the shipper! Fast, as for the bell housing chevy never made one that had a cluch lever there, of the only 2, one has the lever over low on the pasenger side, the other has on lever and uses a hydro- bearing with no leaver.

I have to ask who did you get this from???

I understand the jeep thing I drive a BLAZER!!

Ken

4. JimmyDie6.2

JimmyDie6.2 1/2 ton status

you should have opened it before the truck driver left and inspected it, then not accept it if you didn't feel comfortable with it. Send it back ASAP, and have your credit card company fight with the company you bought it from. There should be NO WAY you can be responsible. good luck!

5. Whii338

Whii338 Registered Member

Who was the company you ordered from?Might save someone else some grief.

6. Steve_87K5

I'll keep quiet name of the company for now to be fair. If they don't give me my money back THEN there is reason to trash them. I want to be fair. If they do screw me, you can bet every newsgroup on the internet will know about it. The company has asked for the photo which you see here. We'll see what happens. I called VISA the day it arrived to see what my rights were. I filed a claim with the trucker which was rejected. Oddly, the merchant has not provided an original invoice or a VISA receipt! I asked for both by mail, because there was no invoice or packing slip with the merchandise. Neither received to date, requested on 6/23/00.
    They did FAX me a paper which is not titled with "invoice", or "receipt" and does not bear the address or phone # of the company & is nationally advertised in 4Wheeler.

SteveB

7. Steve_87K5

a tech question: am I nuts to want to send this thing
    back (based on the water line)? I don't think so, it's new and should be like new. The oddball bellhousing is another matter. I don't know what the heck it is, as it has no markings, and all GM stuff has markings. Look at the photo, the mounting ears for the tranny just sticking out there....weird.

SteveB

8. Steve_87K5

Yes, I did "open" the box before the driver left.....actually it was already trashed, dunked and open! The driver had to flop the whole mess onto a dolly and drag it off the truck. He wrote on the delivery ticket "damaged" so at least I have that. I appreciate all ideas of what to do here....thanks.

SteveB

9. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Because of the amount involved, and because of the shipping out of state. You may have grounds to involve a lawyer for fraud. Depends what the ad says and what you received. At any rate I would consult a lawyer just to know your rights under the law. Also because it was delivered by common carrier, you also have federal rights under the I.C.C.(Interstate Commerce Commission) as well as the commerce commission for your state.

10. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

go the lawyer route. it doesnt matter whose fault it is, they should be taught a lesson!
    the company you ordered from should do better business (if the damage was from them), or choose a better shipping co.
    the shipping company should take better care.
    either way, someone should pay, AND IT SHOULD NOT BE YOU!!

Knife.

11. JimmyDie6.2

JimmyDie6.2 1/2 ton status

Steve, I'll do you a favor. My old man is a lawyer, this weekend when I see him I'll ask him what kind of recourse you have. Then I'll e-mail you as soon as I can. JS

12. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

It is always better to know your rights prior to dealing with the company. They won't know you know your rights and it is easier to catch them trying to pull the wool over your eyes.

13. Steve_87K5

OK, thanks JimmyDie6.2,,,,,I have drafted a letter to the company along with the photos asking for my money back but I have not sent it yet. I just recently received the denial of claim from the trucking co. I went after them first. So sending letter to company is next step. I have told the company on the phone that it was damaged, but made no demands (yet).

SteveB