Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2000 Silverado 40/20/40 seat in First Gen?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tp85, Jun 6, 2002.

1. tp85

tp85 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Anybody install a 2000 or newer Chevy 40/20/40 split bench seat in a 1st gen blazer? I'm interested in how much fab will be necessary. I don't mind hacking/welding up the seat frame, but I'd prefer to not have to hack up the floor pan too much.

I'm also wondering if it will destroy the 'look' of the interior. Perhaps I should stay with buckets.

2. Scorpion

Scorpion Registered Member

The problem with installing them in a Blazer is the step behind the floor pan. That 8" step gets in the way and you can't get the seat to sit far enough back to be comfortable (unless you are a very short guy). What you can do to solve this problem is to do away with the bench brackets all together and make your own. That way you can offset the seat correctly to make it comfortable. The disadvantage to this is that you either loose the adjustment of the seat (which was in the stock bracket you removed) or you must fab up your own.

Matt
    3/4 T '72 K5 CST - Vortech 350/350/205

3. tp85

tp85 1/2 ton status Premium Member

From your description, it sounds like the frame on the Silverado bench seat sticks out beyond the rear of the seat back. If so, I wonder if the part that sticks out could be chopped off, and another piece welded in place?