Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2000 Tahoe trouble / San Diego Mechanic needed

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by juanblzer, Oct 11, 2006.

1. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

My sister has a 2000 Tahoe with the 5.3
    She was driving on the freeway and it started to bog down like it was out of gas. Then it died. Her boyfriend and the tow truck guy tried to start it (i.e. cranking away)to no avail.
    She took it to Pepboys:doah: because it was sunday. They replaced the fuel pump and wanted to replace the fuel pump relay. She decided not to replace the relay yet.

I'm posting this because she needs a reliable mechanic in the San Diego area. She lives in Chula Vista but she just wants a reliable and trustworthy mechanic because she has been ripped off by everyone.:mad: .
    Right now the truck takes a few a while of cranking before it starts up. She's wondering if they did a number on the starter when they kept trying to start it after the fuel pump died. Any ideas?

2. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

There's a recall for fuel pump problems....in 00-02 tahoes and such.

Fuel pumps are junk and wiring burns up.

Look into it, it may be covered under the recall.

3. btolenti

btolenti 1/2 ton status

Yeah....I know of two tahoe/burb owners that the fuel pump went out on them....and only after 15-20k miles.... They were told it was the fuel filter clogging....which then overworked the pump until failure. Not sure how true it is, but I do know they have fuel pump problems.