Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2001 3/4 ton rear ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudfreak, Apr 10, 2002.

1. Mudfreak

Mudfreak 1/2 ton status

I got a chance at landing a 3/4 ton rear complete off a 01' GMC truck. Not shure what gearing is in it. But I know it is stock. It is off of a friend of mines truck whick he recently rolled 4 times! Yikes! He's ok cept for a few scrapes. God bless seat belts. 1st question, Will it swap in to my 88 blazer directly? and 2nd What kind of price would be average or good to pay for this unit? Any info is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Hmmm, sounds interesting. The first problem I would think you might have is with the ABS brakes...I'm sure they could be bypassed somehow, but I don't know how myself...

It sounds like a cool swap, especially if it is a sweet deal. I guess you will just have to measure the spring perches and see if it will bolt in or not! Probably want to double check the overall width as well, make sure it is close to your present axle...

Good luck!