Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2001 Tahoe::Time to replace stock shocks

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by DuneRunnersDad, Oct 2, 2002.

1. DuneRunnersDad

DuneRunnersDad Registered Member

Any suggestions on a good set of aftermarket replacement shocks? Mostly used for on-road boat towing. Some small trailer towing , and hopefully some snow-wheeling this winter.
    Thanks,
    2001 Tahoe 4WD

2. Shorts

Shorts 1/2 ton status

i've always been partial to Bilstien shocks. they're a good n' firm, but they won't rattle your teeth out /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Elderbrock IAS shocks,
    If they are all they are cracked up to be, it should take out some of that body sway the Chevy's have (I think the Chevs are alittle soft on the shock/spring rate, personaly)

I just drove one ('96 heavy 3/4 ton) with those shocks installed, I didn't notice much of a difference in the ride quality, seemed pretty "stock" to me - at the time.
    Then I noticed one of the sway-bar end links were broken. Eliminating any-sawy bar effect on the truck, but I didn't notice exsessive body lean in the corners when I drove it.
    (then again, I wasn't really looking for it either)

Thats about all the input I have.
    I don't get the chance to do "back to back" comparisons, very often.