Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2002-2003 2500HD 4x4 w/ Duramax

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fr8train, Sep 26, 2002.

1. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Anyone own one? Any complaints, other than the Avalanche front end? How does the split function heat/air handle? Is XM really worth getting? Any specific issues with the Duramax?

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> If you don't like the goofy front end just get the GMC, it has a much nicer looking grill.

[​IMG] </font color>

3. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Not too worried about the front end look. Will be fabbing up a total pre-runner bumper for it anyway. Cool pic though. I am def. not buyng from any dealerships here in Md. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay tooooo much coin for the truck.

4. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

'02 didn't have the funky front. I've got an '02 2500HD 4x4 short Crew Cab Duramax/Allison on 33s. I absolutely love it, tows my rigs up grades like they are not there. Hehe, I often pass cars and empty trucks on grades when I'm running 75 in OD with cruise on and a bed loaded with my rig on a trailer behind me. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif They also have some nice performance goodies for the DMax. Not as common or cheap as the Cummins but, not bad for a relatively new engine. Poke around on www.thedieselpage.com (especially the forums) for more info…

5. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

I just saw in the local for sale paper that came out today:

2002 Chevrolet crew cab 4x4 2500HD with Duramax and 6-speed trans. Loaded with low miles. Must sell. $28,500.

That is a steal! That truck stickered for over $45K new.

Mike

6. ChadH82

ChadH82 1/2 ton status

I just got my '03 w/ duramax/allison last weekend. Everything's good so far. I don't like the front lights either. I don't really have any answers to your questions because I didn't get either of those options, but from how it looks the XM would be sweet besides the monthly bill. No issues with the duramax so far, but I don't think I've had it long enough.

7. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Chad, did you get the trailer package with your truck? How does it ride? Does the Allison really shift a liitle slow? Chad and the rest of you thank you for your input. I dont think anyone can make a $40,000 mistake.

8. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Bad dog. Have you done any performance add-ons?

9. BadDog

Nope, still stock.

10. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Russ, do you have the factory option trailer packeage or did the dealer add the hitch?

11. BadDog

Mine came from the factory with heavy duty everything (for that matter, it pretty much came with EVERYTHING but the CD changer) and all tow/haul options (including 100 amp wiring for a 5th wheel or slide in). I was told that the hitch is class 4 or 5. I don't know the diff, all I know is it's rated for WAY more than I'll likely ever use.

12. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

XM is sweet...i got it for my dad for his birthday and he loves it...but its cheaper to buy it aftermarket(like from us) than it is as factory in most cases...

Later