Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2002 Blazer Extreme, More Power?

Discussion in '1983-2005 S-Series models' started by chvyhs, Nov 28, 2002.

1. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

So my wife's V6 Camaro got totaled out this year in a car accident she's got a Blazer. She's not happy with the lack of power it has. What have you guys been doing to the stock engine to get more power? I'm a California resident so I have to stay smog legal, so don't even say put a V8. Has anyone superchaged or turbochaged? I was thinking K&N, cat back and a Jet chip. What's the best bang for the buck?

2. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Hey...I know where you can get a SMOKIN deal on a JET chip /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

seriously though....I've had a couple guys with the newer trucks go with the Gibson cat back system and the K&N fuel injetion performance intake (or similar brand) and swear by it. Said it made an amazing difference in the mileage and power...no personal experience...but thats what I've heard...

4. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Does it have the auto?
    You would be supprised what difference a shift kit can make.
    I know the B&M ones for the new trannys are just a elec. thing you plug in between one of the lines and a 3 position switch to go from stock to firmer to firmest.

I would start with the easy stuff that would take a load off the motor (ie free HP).

Cat back
    Headers
    Cold air intake
    elec. rad. fan (if chevy didn't put one on there already)

Then I would go with stuff like a chip and suppercharger and stuff like that that will kill your mpg.

5. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Right now my plan is K&N air filter and a Chip (Shhhh, Mycal). I want to do a cat back, but I have to wait for more money. What are you doing on this board Dan. Shouldn't you be out fixing your blazer?

6. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I got the x-fer case and tranny pulled last weekend. This weekend is too buisy with family and finals starting monday.

I've got all the seals now...I need a new torque converter and some poly mounts to get it back in.

I'll be out wheel'n on newyears.

7. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Richard, I've been reading up on this a bit and have read that AirAid makes a TBI spacer that adds some good torque. From there I would go with the K&N filter, Borla Cat-back and the Chip. If she still wants more power then save the big bucks and go Supercharger. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif